Relief from the automatic stay

The creditor can file a formal motion to lift the stay of bankruptcy. A motion is a formal legal procedure to ask the judge to rule on a certain issue. Formal documents have to be filed with the court and the debtor will be notified and will be given the opportunity to object to the motion.