- Rinne Legal Bankruptcy Blog
Latest News and Developments in Bankruptcy and Debt Negotiation
- U.S. Trustee Website
- This website is a good resource for IRS standard expense allowances. Every person who files bankruptcy has a certain amount of standard expenses such as food, commute, rent, home maintenance, car ownership cost, car operating expenses, education etc.
- Kelly Blue Book for used car values
Estimating the value of your car and home. When you file for bankruptcy you are required to put down the current market value of your car. Depending on the value your car will be fully or partially exempt in a chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- This website may be used to obtain the value of your home or rental property. I noticed that Zillow estimates tend to be high. It is important if there is equity in the property that needs to be protected or if you wish to lien strip a second mortgage in a chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- America’s Consumer Law Experts
- U.S. Courts Bankruptcy Forms
- Article about the reasons and effects of bankruptcy
Online Bankruptcy Laws
- Bankruptcy Code
- Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure
- Local Court Rules:
Northern District of California serving the Bay Area
Eastern District of California serving the greater Sacrament/Fresno area
- Federal Bankruptcy Cases
A one month subscription to access U.S. Court of Appeals cases and some U.S. District Court cases costs $13.95
- U.S. Supreme Court Cases
- Law library publications: Supreme Court Reporter
- Supreme Court Reports
- Supreme Court Lawyer’s Edition
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals cases
- Law library publications: Federal Reporter (F)
- District Court Cases
- Most of these cases are not published online however your county law library should have Westlaw or Lexis which will give you access to District Court cases.
- Law library publications: Federal Supplement (F.Supp)
- Bankruptcy Reporter (B.R.)
- State Court Cases
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Bankruptcy Institute
- National Associations of Consumer Advocates
- Business and Credit Resource
- The Bankruptcy Law Trove
- Links to bankruptcy articles
- Bankruptcy & Foreclosure Prevention
An Easy to Read Guide With California specific laws and examples
Author: Attorney Michael Rinne, LL.M.
- Collier on Bankruptcy (Mathew Bender)
This is the most complete source on bankruptcy. Collier is available in law libraries. It is organized according to the bankruptcy statutes and is updated semi-annually.